Shopping for a new-to-you car can be stressful, especially if the entire used car-shopping process is also new to you. Whether it’s your first rodeo or just your latest trip in, there are steps you can take to make sure that you get the best used vehicle for your money.
- Look at the tires. You will want to confirm that they are all the same brand and that they are all worn evenly. If one side of the tire seems more worn than the other, this can indicate that the vehicle has some alignment issues.
- Give the body of the vehicle more than just a quick once-over. Examine it carefully for any dents and/or scratches. You might be saying to yourself, “I don’t care if it’s pretty, I just want a cheap, reliable car,” but hunting for blemishes is more than just a superficial process. If a car has numerous imperfections in its body, this could indicate that its previous owner did not take good care of it, or that it experienced some heavy vehicular trauma. Small marks are generally okay, but anything substantial should raise a red flag.
- Open all doors, including the hood and trunk. Make sure they open smoothly and silently. Look for any signs of rust. Also “look” with your nose, particularly paying attention to any musty odors. The smell of must can be indicative of previous water damage.
- Run your finger along the inside of the exhaust pipe. Yes, this will be yucky, but you could uncover a major problem. If your finger comes back with a greasy residue, the engine may be burning oil, which will mean a major repair on your dime in the near future if you sign on the dotted line for that car.
- Check the underbody and underneath the hood for signs of rust. Both should be almost entirely rust-free.
- Examine the interior for any rips or stains on the upholstery. Again, you are not just being superficial: A car with a clean interior generally means that its previous owner took quality care of it.
We’ve got a great selection of high-quality used and Certified Pre-Owned vehicles at Mountaineer Mitsubishi. Stop in and see what we have in store for you.
Welcome to Mountaineer Mitsubishi!At Mountaineer Mitsubishi, enjoy our extensive inventory of new and used Mitsubishi cars and SUVs, including the Mitsubishi Mirage and Outlander. We work hard to get you into the vehicle you have always wanted. Your new Mitsubishi is waiting for you, and we work with a vast array of lending sources to make sure you will get the most complete and comprehensive financial package available.
Located in Beckley, WV, we are proud to serve our community and other surrounding neighbors, such as Lewisburg, Charleston, Princeton, and more! So take a quick drive through the hills of southern West Virginia and test drive your future Mitsubishi today!
Monday8:30am - 7:00pm
Tuesday8:30am - 7:00pm
Wednesday8:30am - 7:00pm
Thursday8:30am - 7:00pm
Friday8:30am - 7:00pm
Saturday8:30am - 6:00pm